Extra updates for ML?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by mk1, Jul 12, 2012.

1. mk1 macrumors newbie

Probably a stupid question... but I'm just wondering wether there was some kind of additional updates/drivers/firmware that can be downloaded for ML?

I've installed ML on my 2012 13" Macbook Air and I'm having issues with the sound.

I can't downgrade to Lion for some reason. I am unable to launch the Lion installer from the startup menu for a clean install so I'm really hoping this issue can be fixed somehow.

-MK

2. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

To install Lion Clean, you will need to download it and follow one of the 6,000 posts that tell you how to build a Lion USB key.

3. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

and format your HD (SSD in this case) then you can install lion. You can't do it now because .8 is higher than .7

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Have you tried holding cmd R during boot for Internet recovery?

5. mk1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried two different guides with two different Lion installation versions and still get the same problem. A circle with a line through it (like a no smoking sign) when I try to launch from usb.

6. DreamLand macrumors member

I faced this problem before, and I suspect that it's caused by faulty USB drive. The fix is easy. When you see the sign, unplug the drive and plug it back again. Wait few seconds and the computer will recognize it.

7. mk1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that. No luck.

8. DreamLand macrumors member

Do you have another Mac? If you do, try using the flash drive on it and see if it's working.