extract audio from a vid clip for stutter effect

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tchaap, Aug 25, 2008.

1. tchaap macrumors member

iMovie 08...I'm an iMovie hd guy but I'm giving 08 a run...

I extracted a bit of audio from a video and placed it where I want it in my project. Now I want that same, "exact" piece of audio placed directly after a few more times to create a stutter effect. Maybe you might call it the max headroom effect, remember that 80's crap.

I can't figure out how to copy the extracted audio clip and move the copy right behind the original. Only thing I've been able to do is create another extraction but it is not the exact same piece.

Any help?

Thanks,

2. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

I don't use iMovie, but cant you just use copy/paste? Copy the audio clip from the a1 and a2 (stereo) and paste it to the a3 and a4, then drag the a3/a4 slightly to the right in the timeline? Sorry if that didn't help :confused:

3. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Blasphemy!

4. tchaap thread starter macrumors member

5. Griffter macrumors member

Griffter

I'm not totally familiar with iMovie 08, but as I understand it, is severely limits your options, including audio track usage, hence if you buy 08, the older version is included. You might want to look into getting quicktime pro for the actual extraction, which gives you copy/paste and export abilities, but your best bet will be getting Final Cut Express, as daunting as it looks, its actually a great app to use and you will find it a lot easier than playing around in quicktime.

6. tchaap thread starter macrumors member

Thanks grif