iPhone XS Max Extract photos and videos from iTunes backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by etaleb, Aug 12, 2019.

1. etaleb macrumors regular

folks - is there a freeware (100% unlimited free software) that would allow me to extract photos & videos from an itunes backup on a windows PC. I can't find anything

Thx

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

If your photos are in the iTunes backup, you can backup your iPhone and restore your iPhone to the backup you want to extract photos, connect your iPhone to your windows PC and copy photos using file explorer. After that, restore your iPhone To the backup that you have created beforehand.

Alternatively, you can go for Chinese software to export backups, if you are ok with that.

3. etaleb thread starter macrumors regular

what chinese software do you recommend?

When I connect iphone, it doesn't show folders or a new drive within explorer. These data recovery software I have used can see it but they charge for recovery

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

https://www.i4.cn/pro_pc.html
    It looks like this tool might be able to achieve your goal. Sadly there is no English version, so you have to get around chinese language somehow.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

6. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

OP should know the password, and app might also have encrypted backup support.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

That would be a very sophisticated 3rd party app to get though Apple’s encryption.

8. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

AFAIK imazing does that and asks for a password to decrypt encrypted iTunes backup. They can rely on iTunes to deal with decryption. I don’t know how though.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Hope the OP keeps us posted. This is very interesting.

10. etaleb thread starter macrumors regular

yes most of this software asks for encryption password and it works - I wish apple didn't make it so tough