extract voice memos off of a jail broken iphone 3GS without using itunes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lagishetti, May 10, 2011.

1. lagishetti macrumors newbie

Hi

Could any one help me out in dis.

How to Extract all voice memos of a Jail broken iphone 3GS, bcoz when I am trying to extract the voice memos through itunes, I am getting a message stating that,
    " my Iphone can not be used because it requires itunes version 8.2 or later.Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of itunes"".

I am getting the above message when i plugged m iphone to my lappy. I mean my iphone is not getting detected by itunes. I am afraid to update or download the itunes 8.2 or later since bcoz my iphone is a jail broken one. I am afraid if i download or update i may lost the data or all voice memos and etc data.

Could any one help me out in dis. Thanx in advance. As I am new user to the Iphone I need a clear explanation and reply. Its a request guys.

I tried using by DISK AID software, I installed it but iam getting a message hat i need to download latest version of Itunes and Quick time player inorder to copy the voice memos. So in this case also it z asking for the itunes. Guys z it true that if we wanna use DISK AID software do we need itunes too?

plz reply guys

2. lagishetti thread starter macrumors newbie

extract voice memos off of a jail broken iphone 3GS without using itunes?

Im not sure if this question is already on here or not but, i would like to know if there is a way to extract voice memos off of a jail broken iphone 3GS without using itunes?

3. Bodycalming macrumors member

Bodycalming

Take a look at iPhoneExplorer http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/ :D

4. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Surely just upgrading iTunes to the latest version won't affect your jailbreak. I've updated iTunes many times and mine's still jailbroken. It's the phone software update that you want to refuse. No itunes content will be lost in the update process.

5. lagishetti thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi dude,

Glad to c ur reply, but today when I am trying to update my itunes by going into HELP--> CHECK UPDATES i am getting a below message,

"The itunes update server could not be contacted,Please check ur internet connection, or try again later".

Can u say wat does dat mean nd y i am getting dat wen iam trying 2 update. My internet connection z damn good nd i tried updating the itunes many times but every time i am getting the same message.

Can I uninstall my itunes(version 8) and download and install the version 8.2 or later. Z it the best way( but i think my data in the itunes will b lost wen i uninstall nd install the new itunes. Plz dude help me out in dis. I got damn important voice memos in my iphone. Plz do suggest me a best way 2 copy extract them.

Note: My OS z WINDOWS XP.