Extracting Adobe flash video from website

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ny320capt, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ny320capt macrumors newbie

Anyone know how to best extract Adobe flash video from a website?

thanks

2. ny320capt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the assist.

But I tried keepvid and it didnt recognize the video embedded into the html page?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. ahm macrumors member

If you're talking about .flv files (videos) you can do it in Safari. No need for websites or Firefox add-ons.

Go to the site with the video, click "Window", choose "Activity", find the file, it would most likely be the largest file (when it's loading, it will show something like, "500k of 1MB" or whatever the size), hold the "Option" key and double click that file.

Watch it in VLC, or convert it with Handbrake if you hate free, open-sourced media players that play almost every format.

5. randomerratum macrumors 6502

MPEG STREAMCLIP TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

Seriously... I'm a pro in the post production industry and MPEG Streamclip is hands down the best free solution to most any video ripping issue. Works 90% of the time unless the video is specifically protected (sites like ABC, Hulu etc)

Try it out

squared5.com

6. Aullison macrumors newbie

I don't like to use the browser temporary folder method, since you have to completely play the videos for saving them to computer, it will takes much time to go this way, especially, when there are dozens of videos to download.

I have used a flash video extractor for months. It can quickly download videos from YouTube, metacafe, yahoo, Google and even vimeo, Ustream.
    It saves me many efforts.

7. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

I use the DownThemAll add-on within Firefox or JDownloader. DownThemAll has certain filter options. Some Flash sites have problems with Adblock Plus or NoScript (Firefox add-ons).