Extracting Aiff Recorder application files off of iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jangler, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jangler macrumors newbie

jangler

I'm using the iPhone app Recorder and it utilizes an email client to send the recorded aiff files. Unfortunately, they currently have a 2 minute limit on the recordings that can be emailed from your iphone.

I have some recordings on the iPhone that I really want off it. How would I go about doing this?

*Is there an another application I can purchase that can find the files and then extract them to my computer?

*Do I need to hack the iphone? If I need to hack into it, what would be the best route?

*Am I just out of luck until they update the application?

I'm satisfied with my 2.01 and At&t so my only reason for breaking into it would be to get these files. I don't want to change things too much.

I appreciate any help offered.

2. feeaxilla macrumors newbie

Same issue

I ran into the same issue last night - after I'd recorded an hour and a half of rehearsal. Looks like Apple is keeping a tight grip on file transfer capabilities for the phone, at least for the time being. In the meantime, I'm going to try a work around using one of these input adapters and an 1/8" cable. I know this is going to result in a loss of quality but it won't really affect what I'm trying to do; I just want to trim down portions of a music rehearsal so I can piece different sections together as I develop the song. I'll let you know how it works.

3. gmccardle macrumors newbie

Extracting Recorder App Files

I'm having the same issues they are in the posting below. I can't get the recordings from my Retronyms Recorder app. Unfortunately, I don't have wi-fi and my recordings are way to large to email.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? I spoke with customer support from the company and they were of little help.

Thanks!

4. aravejl macrumors newbie

you can connect your files over wifi connection. Go to your application. Look for a small icon call wifi sync. It will give you a http// address to go to. then it will sync with with your computer and you can choose the files you want to down load onto your computer.