Mac Extracting graphics files from an app

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
A lot of years ago I bought Tetris Zone for Mac and would like to extract the graphics files so I can use them with another Tetris client (Nullpomino).

I was looking around in the package contents but I don't see any obvious graphics files, just .bpr and .tpr files. I'm guessing the graphics are included in these files? Is there a simple app that I could use to open them with and maybe convert to a standard image file?

Red Menace

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2011
Fruita, Colorado, USA
2008 would be OS X 10.5 Leopard, which puts it past the resource fork stuff of the original Mac OS. OS X still uses a file's extended attributes for resources, so you might take a look at those. If the file sizes look like they may be graphics, you can see if something like GraphicConverter or Gimp recognizes them.

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
2008 would be OS X 10.5 Leopard, which puts it past the resource fork stuff of the original Mac OS. OS X still uses a file's extended attributes for resources, so you might take a look at those. If the file sizes look like they may be graphics, you can see if something like GraphicConverter or Gimp recognizes them.
I'll take a look with GIMP. Many thanks!

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
You could post some of the files and have people here take a look
Robvas, I didn't want to post in public as I purchased this software some years back and I'm not sure about copyright. As I said, it's not longer made, so, if a mod can chime in and say it's OK, I will post the files here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.