Extracting Information

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WCROC, Mar 20, 2013.

1. WCROC macrumors newbie

My iPhone is currently out of commission. Like apparently the phone is messed up to the point where it can't stay on unless it it plugged in and it can only stay on for about 3 minutes, if that. I would like to extract my photos off the phone but the computer won't give it a big enough charge for me to open up the phone on the computer (I have a windows). Will Apple be able to extract this for me? What can I do? I really don't want to lose anything.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you have it plugged to a wall outlet, is it able to charge the phone? Probably the only way is for you to run a backup and then extract your photos from the backup. Unfortunately, that requires you to power on the device long enough.

OR use a program like ifunbox and extract your photos.

The second option seems to be better since you can continue where you left off if your device powers down whereas with an iTunes backup, it starts from the very beginning every time

I would really recommend you doing backups of important stuff especially photos. Don't keep them all stored in one place

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555