extracting photos from a slideshow using DVD Player 5.5.0

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mikora7, Aug 4, 2012.

1. mikora7 macrumors member

mikora7

To make a long story short, my son was given some disks of photos compiled into a slideshow from which we need to choose individual pictures to print for a scrapbook. I am clueless as to how to extract the photos once we find ones that will work for the album. I did search here but the threads I found were from 2008 and the instructions were no longer helpful with the new updated programs. IS there a way to pull the photos out of the slideshow? We have about one week to do this project. (These are personal photos, not professional and I do have permission to print whatever ones we wish.)

2. simsaladimbamba

Can't your son send you the original files to make the scrapbook off? Because the image quality is greatly reduced in video DVD slideshows, as the resolution is limited to 720 x 576 pixel (PAL DVD), whereas the original photos probably are at least 2000 x 1500 pixel, maybe even more, thus making prints from the small resolution files will result in not so good visible photo quality.

If your son cannot send you the original photos for whatever reason, you could try opening the VIDEO_TS folder in VLC Player and using the VIEW > SNAPSHOT (CMD+OPTION+S) feature.