Extras.rsrc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iToTheBook, Nov 22, 2008.

1. iToTheBook macrumors newbie

I'm have an old iBook Clamshell 320mb of RAM with OS X 10.2.8 installed, and today I tried to replace the Extras.rsrc with the "Liger" theme (you know the one that makes it look like leopard?) but I didn't know it wouldn't work with 10.2 so I took the original put it in a folder on the desktop called 'SYSTEM FILES NEEDED DONT DELETE' and then I restarted the computer, and it won't boot to the login screen and just stays blue with the cursor. Is there some way I can fix this without installing 10.1.4 again, and not sending it to a friend who can install 10.2.8? NOTE: I DON'T HAVE THE SOFTWARE RESTORE DISKS.

2. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

You're going to have to find someone else with some kind of install CD so you can access the terminal and move the file.

3. iToTheBook thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't I boot up to terminal or something like that? :mad:

4. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

5. iToTheBook thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Use craigslist and ask if anyone will let you borrow their CD to get into the terminal.

7. iToTheBook thread starter macrumors newbie

8. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

You can try downloading an Ubuntu boot disc and see if that will let you access the filesystem. Other than that, I think you need to find someone with a Mac or check craigslist.

9. iToTheBook thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I have the os x 10.1 disc install if that's handy.