Extreme Airport Applecare

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by haoqfu, Dec 21, 2007.

1. haoqfu macrumors regular

Hi guys, i've got an iMac Applecare and I'd like to register it with my extreme airport station to upgrade to 3 year warranty. I was trying to do it on apple support website, but it won't let me.

I was wondering if i need to register it with imac applecare or shall I just present applestore the iMac applecare when i need to get my airport station repaired?

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

AppleCare Protection Plans (APP's) are for one serial number only. For example, if you bought a second iMac, you'd need an additional APP for that serial number.

Edit: Removed misleading advice

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You don't need to register it. It's automatically covered when based on the iMac coverage. Technically you might need to prove that you use the AirPort base station with the covered iMac, but in practice that's not an issue.

4. haoqfu thread starter macrumors regular

If you read the applecare agreement, you will find airport extreme, keyboard, and mouse etc. are covered automatically by iMac Applecare when you use these devices with the covered iMac.

Thanks. That's what I'd like to know. Thanks a lot!!

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Yeah, maybe my big clue shoulda been that there's no separate APP for the Airport, eh? :eek: Appy polly loggies for the bum advice on that one.