extreme help needed concerning iphoto!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by retartedmonkey, Oct 3, 2009.

1. retartedmonkey macrumors newbie

ok so i have my iphoto library on a external hard-drive and one day it magically locked itself so it cant read nor write but it CAN transfer.

so i looked online and found that i would have to get yet another harddrive to save my iphoto library.

so i went to the store and got another harddrive...
    so then im transferring it and its like taking a long time in the processing stage.

then it tells me that the iphoto library is in use and therefore could not transfer.(again iphoto wont open the library in iphoto)

so i retarted my computer and tried again and got the same results.....please help :(

the locked external harddrive is a 500GB seagate freeagent formated for MAC OS EXTENDED

the new one is a seagate 1TB expansion external desktop harddrive formated for MAC OS EXTENDED

im trying to do this on a black macbook running SNOW LEOPARD

....is tht enough info to helps mah problem?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Your "problem" seems extremely unlikely. Can you take a screenshot of the error?

It's not windows. OS X normally can copy files even if they are in use.

Try repair permissions, verify disk.

3. retartedmonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i tried that on the first one but it said repair/verify were both un fixable and asked for me to backup my drive and then re format it

4. hana macrumors regular

5. retartedmonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

no help, i verifyed the disk in diskutility and it failed at
    "Invalid Node Structure" w.e tht is....