Extreme Noob Question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scott5626, Mar 1, 2013.

1. scott5626 macrumors member

scott5626

I just got my first MBP today, and I am slowly getting aquatinted with the OS.

My noob question is I downloaded Flash Player and the Flash icon resides on my home screen. I don't know what I need to do to remove (or hide) the icon without uninstalling Flash.

I tried doing a search but couldn't locate an answer to my question
    Thanks for your patience
    Scott

2. MacKid macrumors 6502

If you're seeing the Flash installer icon on your desktop, just select it and press Command-E. Your computer has mounted the installer as a drive image, and Command-E will "Eject" it as if it were an external drive, or optical media. Alternatively, you can right-click on it and select 'Eject "Flash Player"' or select it and click File and choose the same option.

It'll also just go away the next time you restart your computer. It's fine to let it hang out there, it's not going to slow your computer down. Just make sure you've already gone through the whole installation process and made sure it's working (on YouTube or something). =)

3. scott5626, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

scott5626 thread starter macrumors member

scott5626

Sweet Thanks! I appreciate that.

After I "ejected it" I noticed that it shows in the "downloads" stack. Do I need to do anything there?

I deleted it, and answered my own question.

4. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

As long as you already installed Flash, you may "eject" the installer and delete it from your downloads folder.