Extremely annoying ads since updating... Please help!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Ke1ington, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

See attachments.

This is ridiculous. I never had these before updating to Mavericks. I've installed AdBlock and they're still in EVERY window I open. :confused:

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Those have nothing to do with Mavericks. You've installed something from the web either on purpose or accidentally. What extensions are loaded into safari? Something called yontoi maybe?

3. Ke1ington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I'll have to check. I'm pretty careful about what I put on my computers. I don't really even use it except for the occasional MR browse and loading music onto my phone.

4. Kobayagi macrumors 6502a

Kobayagi

Wow, thats just ridiculous. Because you got adblock installed, try a right click on a white free space on the side (not the ad) then something like ''block a ad on this site'' should appear. (not 100% what it should say since my adblock is in Dutch). But with that clicked, you should be able to click the ad now (just left click) and let adblock know there's a ad there and it'll block it forever.

5. 1934hotrod macrumors regular

1934hotrod

Man I hear ya, this very thing you speak of it the reason I am sticking with SL. I discovered through a conversation involving Citrix and a remote problem. I was having when they upgraded the app on the server. He starts telling me he just installed ML that my SL was the problem. Along the way he starts going over all the auto notifications of all his cell phone calls, twitter, facebook and whatever he subscribe to hitting his desktop.

As I walked away I was thinking to myself .......... Fat chance I'm going to have a machine annoy me like that. Some love the attention, I do not get it. But that is the trend with some of the new & annoying, not improved OS. BTW way I did solve the remote problem with the Citrix and my oh so well behaved SL, is clocking along and easy to get along with.

Best of luck hopefully you find a way to turn that s h i t off. Who knows may be some propeller head out here will whip up a blocker. Like we have for those annoying hyper links in articles .

Cheers

6. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

A lot if services are finding their way around Adblock these days.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I've went to the trouble of editing my Hosts file just to rid myself of those stubborn ads.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm not sure why, but I have no problems with ads at all...anywhere. I have Adblock and Ghostery...and I have no ads.

Not complaining, mind you...:p

9. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Agreed--I'm with you--I don't have any ads with Adblock--nothing even remotely like those illustrated by OP--strange.