Extremely annoying ads since updating... Please help!

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
See attachments.

This is ridiculous. I never had these before updating to Mavericks. I've installed AdBlock and they're still in EVERY window I open. :confused:

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance for any help.
Those have nothing to do with Mavericks. You've installed something from the web either on purpose or accidentally. What extensions are loaded into safari? Something called yontoi maybe?

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
I'll have to check. I'm pretty careful about what I put on my computers. I don't really even use it except for the occasional MR browse and loading music onto my phone.

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Wow, thats just ridiculous. Because you got adblock installed, try a right click on a white free space on the side (not the ad) then something like ''block a ad on this site'' should appear. (not 100% what it should say since my adblock is in Dutch). But with that clicked, you should be able to click the ad now (just left click) and let adblock know there's a ad there and it'll block it forever.

1934hotrod

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock
See attachments.

This is ridiculous. I never had these before updating to Mavericks. I've installed AdBlock and they're still in EVERY window I open. :confused:

Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance for any help.
Man I hear ya, this very thing you speak of it the reason I am sticking with SL. I discovered through a conversation involving Citrix and a remote problem. I was having when they upgraded the app on the server. He starts telling me he just installed ML that my SL was the problem. Along the way he starts going over all the auto notifications of all his cell phone calls, twitter, facebook and whatever he subscribe to hitting his desktop.

As I walked away I was thinking to myself .......... Fat chance I'm going to have a machine annoy me like that. Some love the attention, I do not get it. But that is the trend with some of the new & annoying, not improved OS. BTW way I did solve the remote problem with the Citrix and my oh so well behaved SL, is clocking along and easy to get along with.

Best of luck hopefully you find a way to turn that s h i t off. Who knows may be some propeller head out here will whip up a blocker. Like we have for those annoying hyper links in articles .

Cheers

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I'm not sure why, but I have no problems with ads at all...anywhere. I have Adblock and Ghostery...and I have no ads.

Not complaining, mind you...:p
Agreed--I'm with you--I don't have any ads with Adblock--nothing even remotely like those illustrated by OP--strange.