Extremely annoying Firefox problem. Buttons don't work.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nabooly, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Ok so im using Firefox 2.0.0.12 and it just stops working. What i mean is i click the refresh button or click cmd+r and it'll just hang. For a split second the status bar at the bottom shows and dissapears thereafter. Its as if i didnt even click the button, very weird :eek: I start clicking the button again and again and eventually it works after 15-20 times of clicking

this happens quite frequently and usually i just quit firefox and restart it and it works. But i just did that now and its still doesnt work intermittently. Gaah its so annoying!

Oh and its no just the refresh bar, its every button. :mad:

Edit: It just did it again when i was clocking "Submit new thread" :mad:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

maybe its time for a new profile, do some search at this forum, I posted a bunch of info about new profile.

You can search google as well.

3. Nabooly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Ahem....sorry whats a profile? :eek:

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

5. Nabooly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Ahh..ok great! I just did what was suggested in the thread and it working perfectly!! I really hope it doesnt start doing it again though :(

Thanks alot!! :)

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

firefox 3 supposed to have better protection of your profile against sudden data loss.

Beta 4 will be out tomorrow (officially, you can get it on ftp server now, unofficially). You can try it out if you don't have too many extensions and themes.