Extremely annoying Logic Express problem

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by KTheMagnificent, Jul 11, 2010.

1. KTheMagnificent macrumors newbie

I've been using Logic Express for a while now and I've never really found a problem with it.

but for some reason, resently, I'll be starting recording, I'll have set up microphones and be using various things on it and playing back loops and it'll be totally fine.

but as soon as I press the little record button everything practically freezes and it takes ten minutes for it to decide it wants to record.

I thought it was a problem like maybe my start up disk was too full or something so I deleted like 10GB of stuff and it's still the same.

any ideas?

the only difference I can think of about this time and any other time I've been recording is I've saved it to an external hard drive and not my main one but I still don't see why it would cause this problem.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

2. seisend macrumors 6502a

seisend

Did you try to freeze Tracks or turn off effects?

How much harddisk capacity do you have alltogether, and how much free space?

3. KTheMagnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't even know what freezing tracks means...

I have about 10GB free space and the full capacity is 75GB

but I saved it through my external hard drive which has like 300GB free.

4. seisend macrumors 6502a

seisend

You can look up "freeze tracks" in the manual or go to YouTube and search for "Freeze Tracks Logic Pro" . Basically what it does is saving CPU usage by rendering the Tracks into Audio Files with all Effects. But you can't modulate anything but the Volume and Pan if you Freeze Tracks. This might solve the problem. But I am curious, normal playback in Logic works like a charm?

Maybe your harddrive and cpu usage is maxed out, you can monitor your cpu and and hardware in the "Transport Window" in Logic...

I think 75GB harddrive is really small and I recommend you to upgrade it anyway. Harddrives do not cost much these days.

5. KTheMagnificent thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to upgrade soon anyway, because of this problem...

Playback works fine. it opens fine, everything works perfectly fine... except the actual recording part.