iPad mini Extremely annoying screen rotation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XTheLancerX, Aug 29, 2014.

1. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Anyone else have this problem where the screen is extremely annoying when it comes to rotation? Pretty much, it is stuck one way, landscape or portrait. I turn the device and nothing happens at all. I flip the switch on the side to toggle rotation, and it turns the right way, then right back to where it was immediately. Also, for example, let's say it is stuck in landscape, doing this weird thing on the home screen. I open an app and it briefly is in landscape, but it switches to portrait, but ONLY portrait, regardless of how I am holding the iPad. I leave the app, and I am back on the home screen, now stuck in portrait. It occurred in all versions of iOS 7, and all versions of 7.1 on my iPad mini with Retina Display.

Now, this doesn't exactly occur all the time. It ranges from happening once every 2-3 weeks, to 3 or 4 times in just 1 week. I don't know if it's a problem with my iPad or not, because gyroscope/accelerometer games work perfectly fine on my iPad, even when the screen rotation is barely working. Changing whether the switch toggles mute or lock rotation doesn't affect anything.

A simple reboot fixes the problem, but it eventually comes back. Does anyone else experience similar issues?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Try a hardware reset. While I haven't encountered your problem I do on occasion get the lock sound that quits working or becomes intermittent. Once I do a hardware reset (power+home) the problem goes away.

3. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

The problem for me goes away sometimes on its own, or through normal reboot, or through a hard reboot with the lock and home button. The issue seems to come back over time anyway.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

You could try reset ALL settings if not you might want to backup all your stuff and start over.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I had same problem few times I think some apps that caused screen rotation got stuck. Reset fixed it. :apple: