Extremely hazy photo; Droplets under lens?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxchains155, Jul 15, 2009.

1. maxchains155 macrumors member

So I was taking a photo and I found the picture is much more hazier than normal.

I took a look at the camera hole: There's water droplets under the lens. I have never dropped my iPhone into the water, and I am sure I have never made any water into the phone. The water indicator in the headphone jack is also white.

Should I take this to the Apple Store? I just got the phone yesterday. :( :mad:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would since you just got this yesterday. I wonder if it's condensation due to weather. Where are you located?

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

:confused: that's a bit baffling.

Check to see if the water sensors have been tripped first. Then, I'd take it to the Apple Store to see what the heck is going on.

4. maxchains155 thread starter macrumors member

I am in Hong Kong.

I know there's no Apple Store in Hong Kong, I generally call the repair centers Apple Store.

Edit: I am taking the phone to the Apple Store (or, repair center) tomorrow, since it's 9PM here. I really hope they would replace it, as I did nothing to the phone.
    Edit 2: The droplets seems to be evaporating, but why did this happen? Should I still go to the repair center and have a replacement phone?

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

6. maxchains155 thread starter macrumors member

Now the water droplets evaporated, but then there's something like residue left under the lens.

As for the pic, I will try my best to take it, I will post it here once I am done.

Edit: Can't take the picture of the residue because the pictures are too blurry, and the water droplets have been evaporated. Sorry.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

8. maxchains155 thread starter macrumors member

Now this is really funny. No more droplets are appearing. :confused:
    I will take it back tomorrow. It's 11PM here.

9. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Lol your iPhone is so sneaky. Playing mind games with you.

I'd still take it back tomorrow to get it checked out. Good luck.

10. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I'd go with the likelihood of condensation. Did you go from the phone being near air conditioning to outside? The condensation probably eventually evaporated.

11. maxchains155 thread starter macrumors member

I didn't go from an air conditioning to outside. I was playing around with the phone then suddenly the droplets appeared.

12. maxchains155 thread starter macrumors member

I took it to the repair center, and they said they couldn't see the 'water stains'. They seemed not to believe me and even asked if I dropped the phone into water for 2 times.

So, no luck. But it seems the droplets aren't reappearing, those stains don't really affect the quality of photos. Maybe I will get used to this... :(

Edit: Wow, wow, wow. I got another defect on my iPhone. The volume control buttons are uneven. It's harder to lower the volume. I am going to take it to the repair center once again tomorrow.

13. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Maybe try to call Apple, see what they say?