Extremely low volume for alarm

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mechanesthesia, Jul 18, 2010.

1. mechanesthesia macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

WTF! today I'm going to be late for work because my alarm is super low! The ringer volume is all the way up. I've had it loud before . What gives???

2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Sounds like a defect. Return it for a new phone. That's what I would do.

3. xraytech macrumors 68030

Interesting, what tone did you use?

4. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Not sure what constitutes as not loud enough for you. My first alarm setting on the iP4 was using the one titled "Alarm", and it honestly scared me awake when it went off the next morning. Maybe I'm a light sleeper.

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You're not the only one. There are other threads regarding this, and it is very soft. I've been using three Android devices before my iPhone 4, and after my 3GS. I used the Rooster for all of them. THAT was loud. THAT is what this phone needs lol.

6. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

So naturally you posted on MacRumors first because that was most important. Congrats.

7. katai macrumors regular

That must be a defect then because mine wakes me up even under half volume with vibrate. I wish there was off button when the snooze pops up instead of going to alarm setting.

8. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

I use "alarm" the one that sounds like a nuclear meltdown. I don't know why, it's usually pretty loud!

9. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

Hahahhahaha yeah I know. Everyone at work is already used to me being late.

10. Jairbear macrumors newbie

Whoa try this first!!!!

Go into settings.
    Go to sounds.
    There should be a volume button under
    Ringers and alerts.
    That worked for me and I was frustrated. **** men!! Pull yourself together...

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like more than 5.5 years later they likely figured it out or at least moved on already, not to mention that they state that the ringer is actually at full volume already.