Extremely low volume when making calls via bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcotignola, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mcotignola macrumors newbie

mcotignola

Hi,

This probably started recently. My iPhone 5S connects to the car's bluetooth w/o issues. I can listen to music, videos, receive calls, call anyone, etc w/o issues. Except when the voice call connection in made. That is when the problem! I cant hear the person on the other end. I turned my phone and my stereo sound as high as they can go. I tried everything: deleting and re-adding the bluetooth device, deleting all the bluetooth devices, resetting all the phone setting and restoring the device, I also messed with a few other settings, etc ... nothing worked.

My wife's iPhone 5C worked w/o issues. Unfortunately she doesn't drive that car. I have a iPhone 5S running 10.2.

Any ideas? Thank you!!!

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

iPhone 5s? Whoa. Talk about old skool. I would at least get with 2014 and buy a new phone...

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I disagree. His iPhone 5S should work just fine. I'm not sure if there's any real difference in BT performance or functionality in a new iPhone or the last few versions of iOS. Comedy is all about timing.

OP: double check that you're actually turning up the volume on the iPhone when you're on an actual call and connected to the car's bluetooth. There are separate volume levels in iOS for separate functions (see this thread about a jailbreak tweak that makes their settings visible).

Also, I don't know if this is your case but some cars save different control settings depending on which key is used to enter the driver's side of the car. Consequently, there could be an audio/signal level control somewhere in the car's settings if you have one of those new-fangled fancy vehicles and it could be set differently on different keys.

4. mcotignola thread starter macrumors newbie

mcotignola

Thank you for your feedback. I will check the thread and remove the case ... just in case.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2017 ---
    Thank you for your response. I will check the thread and remove the just ... cant recall if I tried that already!