Extremely Pleased with iPhone and MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by voxnj, Jul 13, 2008.

1. voxnj macrumors regular

I am extremely pleased with my iPhone and MobileMe. My MAC and iPhone sync well (Calendar, Contacts, Address and Mail). I have also installed OmniFocus which syncs the MAC and iPhone through Idisk). I have my data, photos, music and new apps up and running smoothly.

Sure there were a few initial bumps in the road, but having been at the bleeding edge for over 20 years, I have never had such an easy time implementing very sophisticated applications. During the first 36 hours, MobileMe was sketchy, but Apple quickly resolved stability and speed issues. I expect it will only get better from here.

I've been waiting a long time to replace the functionality of Blackberry Enterprise Server-based services. IMHO Apple has hit a home run.

I sympathize with the many Forum members who are having problems. Many of the postings here are very useful in resolving problems. However there seems to be a overly negative, if not hostile, tone to some of the postings. I just wanted to weigh-in with my positive opinion. I hope others with positive experiences will let their voices be heard.

2. drpellypo macrumors 6502

Likewise! My OH has a blackberry and the iPhone with .me is so so much faster. And it just works!

3. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Some of it has worked very well for me, and other parts are still a bit rough. For example, all my contacts initially moved down to my iPhone easily, and moving photos around has worked quite well. Mail has also been updating quickly too.

On the other hand, if I try to view my Contacts online at the moment, it tells me they're not available, but they're working on it. I'm also trying to upgrade from an individual to family account, and they're still having problems with that. For awhile they tantalized me with the 'upgrade' button, but when I tried it didn't work, and now it's not there again.

So, I've had a mixed experience so far, but am confident that Apple will get things polished up in the next week or two, and look forward to when it works smoothly.