Extremely Random: Yellow Tint on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Squilly, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

It happened sporatically and it's not going away. My entire Samsung panel is in a yellow tint. No idea how it happened, no idea how to fix it. It's really annoying.

2. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

Do a color calibration. Samsung screens are known for their yellow tint compared to the LG version but I managed to fix that with some calibration.

3. macNwindow macrumors member

I did the calibration and it didn't work. The yellow hue is still there. I compared it to another MBPr screen for verification

4. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

I don't know if this makes a difference at all but I took a screenshot from my phone. Does it look "odd"?
    [​IMG]

5. macNwindow macrumors member

That's the same yellow-hue i got on my screen. I am getting it checked in for replacement tomorrow.

6. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

So it's not just me? You can see it too?

7. macNwindow macrumors member

It's not just you. I do see it and it's not normal. Apple knows its not normal, i suggest u get it replaced or fixed by apple rep.

8. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

Well that's weird. A restart did the trick. It's back to normal... for now.
    Edit: Now I realize what it was. I downloaded Flux without remembering last night. Automatically created the "yellowing" effect. Just have to figure out how to uninstall it...

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From their site.

10. joshhedge macrumors regular

It's 'cos Samsung displays are naff.

Joking aside, I'd rather have my LG slight IR verses the yellow tint.

11. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

I went to the Apple store to get my Lightning cable replaced. Mentioned my Samsung panel at the same time during the conversation. Asked the rep if he'd rather have the LG screen with IR or a Samsung screen with a yellow tint. Said IR.

12. J3ffry, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

J3ffry macrumors member

I went trough 3 screen replacements and 3 computer replacements... After all am on a Samsung screen now without yellow tint. Swapping all those computers and screens was a ****** annoying, OCD and time consuming process. Though in the end after it's all done, i'm very happy with my non-yellow samsung screen. At least now I know what i've got and don't have to worry about eventual IR.
    The yellow tint won't change during time.. I'm a on the road a lot and have used it in varying circumstances (minus 6 celcius, shaky 16 hour touring bus drives, in clubs) and the screen is 100% the same as how I got it. My thoughts on the retina screen now is that it's very stable, but a drag to get one thats right in the first place. But once you've been trough that entire mess you enjoy it everyday.
    Go for a good samsung.

Greets

13. StockDC2 macrumors regular

I don't know about anyone else but I am quite appalled that you would not even do a basic restart before freaking out and creating a thread on the forums.

14. outphase macrumors 65816

That's the whole point of Flux -- warm the color temp when the sun is down.

15. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

I did do a restart, and it was still there. Then I realized it was Flux.

16. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

Too bad no color tint for me. Just required a quick color calibration. OS X sets 1 profile for all retina displays but that does not mean that the display will react the same from different manufacturers.

17. Robster3 macrumors 68000

No yellow on my new samsung 15", was just comparing to my late 09 iMac, white v yellow, didn't realise how yellow it was till i got the mbpr.