extremely serious problem with the music on iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ultra AleM, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hello, guys! My girlfriend has a very serious problem on her SE with music. It just completely disappears from the phone. We sync to iTunes and it reappears, but in one or two days it's gone, again. She's not subscribed to Apple Music. It's just her iTunes physical library, which continues to disappear! We already tried to reset the settings. What do we have to do? The software is updated. Thanks so much!

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Then what about deleting the library on device and sync again? This might work.

3. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Every time the music disappears, we sync it back via iTunes. But in one or two days it disappears again! Incredibile!

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Umm. Yeah. Sometime iTunes library file on device just doesn't work well.
    Maybe this library file needs to be recreated.
    You can try to use third party software like iExplorer to delete everything under "iTunes_Control" and try it again.
    This is risky and you need to choose "setting up as a new phone" when plug iPhone into iTunes after deleting files in that folder. But this at least works for me.

5. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

We can't set it up as new. There's some very, very important data into the backup. Isn't there another way to fix it? We still did not try a DFU restore. Isn't there a way to make a new library with the same music and backup?

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I say it because this is better than "restoring from backup". It will not actually set up your "new" iPhone as a new iPhone.
    Be sure to make a local backup before deleting contents in that folder and you will be fine. This way is at least better than DFU, I think.

7. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

I'm not getting it. You're saying that I should restore and set it up as new but then loading the backup anyways?

8. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Alright. Let me elaborate this for you.
    In my experience, when I delete everything inside "iTunes_Control" folder, all music, custom ringtone is gone.
    Then, when plugging it into iTunes, iTunes will recognize this device as a "new" device, and prompt you to choose "set up as a new iPhone" or "restore from backup".
    Obviously, my device is not a new device at all, and I don't restore it to factory settings. However, to pass this prompt, I need to choose "set up as a new iPhone". I dare not choose "restore from backup" because I am afraid it will really restore from recent backup straightaway.
    The fact is: nothing happen. iTunes does not change anything on my device.

Long story short: I don't do a restore. I just delete everything inside "iTunes_Control" folder using iExplorer so that iTunes library on device is effectively gone. Then, I sync my music back, as well as ringtones.

Hope I am clear.