Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
All this week, downloading apps and updating apps from the app store has been horrendously slow. It used to be that app store downloads would saturate my 50mbps downstream and they'd install in a blink. Lately they stall and take forever.

Anyone else seeing this? I can't test if it's an iOS 9 issue because I've already upgraded both my phone and iPad to iOS 9.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sometimes it's quick for me, other times (more often lately) not as much. Quite possibly that with iOS 9 and people installing it fresh perhaps and the many apps that recently had to be reissued and now with the new phones, the App Store and Apple's network in general is dealing with quite a bit more traffic than usual which is slowing things down somewhat.

bdrolshagen

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
Rama
All this week, downloading apps and updating apps from the app store has been horrendously slow.

Anyone else seeing this? I can't test if it's an iOS 9 issue because I've already upgraded both my phone and iPad to iOS 9.

I am still having this since weeks now, when relying on my ISP's DNS servers. It is not tied to IOS9 only. Switching my clients DNS to Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) greatly helped to solve this particular problem (but introduced some new ones), there seems to be a problem in the global DNS hierarchy these days.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
over 10 apps had updates today, usual fast speed canadian app store

other app store regions probably have more load than others & iphone 6s launch is surely reducing load on apple servers, most definitely

Tom-H

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
Ooh god I thought it was just me, yes it is very slow, simple app updates takes forever to download so annoying.

Reactions: ad5ll

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
All this week, downloading apps and updating apps from the app store has been horrendously slow. It used to be that app store downloads would saturate my 50mbps downstream and they'd install in a blink. Lately they stall and take forever.

Yep, I noticed the same thing. Even relatively small apps (30-40 Mb each) are very slow to be updated.

bd4

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2014
Try to use an alternative DNS server (e.g. Google's DNS: 8.8.8.8) in your iOS WiFi or router settings. This solved the problem for me in Germany (my landline carrier is Vodafone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.