Extremely Slow Boot after Bootcamp.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikesike100, Jun 26, 2013.

1. mikesike100 macrumors newbie

When I first got my MacBook Pro the boot was around 30 seconds. Then I put Windows 7 on it. Right away, I noticed that the boot time was about 50 seconds - 1 minute. I uninstalled it but the boot was still really slow. I tried reinstalling OS X Mountain Lion with the recovery partition. I really don't want to wipe the drive, but if I have to, I will. Any suggestions? :confused:

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 9,2 (Mid 2012, Non Retina)
    500 GB (Hitatchi?) HDD
    8 (Soon to be 16) GB DDR3 RAM
    Max OS X 10.8.3

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try going to System Prefs / Startup Disk and make sure your main Macintosh HD disk is select as the boot disk.

This may have been unselected during your ordeal and when this happens OS X searches around for all available boot sources eventually finding your drive. Much faster if that search does not occur because you selected a boot drive.

3. Memole macrumors member

seems like the partition is not blessed what you need to do is to rebless using terminal or try if u have os x partition to boot it and go to system prefs and then to select start up disk which one you like :)

if that fails then you could boot OS X instalation from usb and pick terminal and bless it from terminal :) restart it and it should boot normally nice fast and snappy :)

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I believe if the system is not blessed properly it won't boot at all. OP's seems to boot.... just slowly.