Extremely slow start up on 13" MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SaintsMac, Dec 30, 2009.

1. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I have installed Win7 on my Mac and it works fine other than the sound issue.

However, when I tried to start up Snow Leopard using the option key, I get "EFI Firmware" and "Windows" as the the two options not the "HD Macintosh". anyway, when I select to start the Mac side, it takes about 10 minutes to start up-seriously. Once it starts up, everything is fine. Windows starts up immediately when I select it.

I tried talking with Apple support but that was no help as they blamed it on the fact that Bootcamp does not support Win 7 at the moment.

Any ideas?

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

It sounds like the partition type got changed somehow. Although I didnt think it was possible without data loss.

3. SaintsMac thread starter macrumors 6502

Any suggestions to fix? I mean, everything works fine once it starts. It is a pain but not worth wiping out and losing my data.

The Windows side works fine.

Is there a way I can confirm the partition was changed?

Thanks

4. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I have noticed the same issue. I have no idea why Windows 7 takes so long to boot up. I think Windows XP is better in terms of start up time. Maybe an SSD would boot Windows 7 a lot faster?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe, but it's probably a software issue.