Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Nice joke.

Boy if you can't even get it out of the packaging, just how the hell do you expect to use it...:rolleyes:

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Actually its not a joke, i edited my frustrated first post, I didn't realize the plastic on the ipod had to come off before it can come out

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Geez, you people act like I'm a complete idiot. Just got frustrated because I couldn't get it out..

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I guess it's hard to be smarter than a piece of plastic :)

Shhhh Mark Burnett may see this and start a freaking reality TV show. "Are you smarter than a piece of plastic?"

Geez, you people act like I'm a complete idiot. Just got frustrated because I couldn't get it out..

Not a total idiot. Just funny that you started an entire thread about the whole ordeal. These are things that are better just left to yourself.

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Well i had actually asked if anyone had suggestions or tips for when they opened it...whatever

Just let this thread die

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^^^ no you didn't. See your OP. There is clearly no quest for assistance, only a simple rant about a piece of plastic outwitting you. Just saying. I mean, I am certainly glad your Touch is free from said packaging, but still. ;)

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Very well,

My apologizes for this ridiculous thread, if i could reimburse you for the time you wasted here I would :p

Jordan

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Sorry, I really did think that this was a joke.

Well the best of wishes to you and your new iPod Touch.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

:)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh my time wasn't wasted at all. Hell, I wasn't forced to click on this thread. I was and am however forced to wait around for my clothes to dry so I can go to sleep. Now, if you can fix that then we'd be even. ;)

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Don't mean to hijack this...do you guys use a case/screen protector on your new touch? Mine is in the box and im debating whether to wait for one :D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
you should first try to remove it from the plastic box... it can be very difficult i hear... then get a case
:p

I hate to say it but I really did LOL @ this response.

And most people use a case of sorts, whether it's just an Invisible shield or an actual plastic or silicone case.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
I do not find this thread ridiculous at all, I had the same problem when I first attempted to get my Touch out of the box.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
A solution?

Well, what if you buy it at the Apple store and tell them they have to take it out of the box for you? Then if they screw it up, you can get it replaced right there.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I understand completely. Having to peel a clear plastic sticker off the end of the clear box is not intuitive, obvious, or friendly. Apple could have easily printed "Peel me OFF to Open" with an arrow pointing to the corner tab. I found it easily, but my wife got so frustrated at her Nano package she insisted we take it back. Is she an idiot? Not with business, pre-med, and medical degrees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.