Extremely Weak Vibrate Motor iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Delorean2006, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Delorean2006, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

First off I'm not complaining about the rattles or loose power button that other people had with their iPhone 5S's, but more of asking a question about the vibrate motor, i have looked and looked and haven't found any answers from any sites, but my iPhone 5 had an extremely loud vibrate motor which I loved because my phone is vibrate 99% of the time, i hate having it on ring, so I just got an iPhone 5S and it is extremely quiet and seems like it is actually weak or may be going bad, whenever I get a call and pick up the phone to answer it sounds like its going to die, do I have a phone with a defective vibrate motor or is that just how the 5S is? I know my uncle got a 5S and from what I could remember was that his phone was actually louder then my 5, any help would be great, thanks.

2. cipher29 macrumors regular

I believe they changed the motor in the 5s, but, not drastically.. Shouldn't seem weak by any stretch.. I find that the iPhone has the best vibrating motor..

Live near an Apple store? Compare it to some of the 5s's on display .

3. Delorean2006 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have a best buy that i bought my phone from and i think i may just go there and check it out because it is drastically quieter and weaker then the one that came with my 5 and my girlfriend's 5C

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

iPhone 5 uses a rotational vibrator and the 5S uses a linear oscillating vibrator which is know to be far superior. The rotational vibrators are known to be loud. I hated the vibrator on the 5 I could hear it more than feel it.

5. BeeJee macrumors 6502

Incorrect. The 5S uses a rotational as well. I do agree it is loud.

6. Delorean2006 thread starter macrumors 6502a

it was definitely my phone that had a bad vibrator in it, got it replaced, it is not as loud my 5, but it is certainly louder and also a lot stronger, I'm happy with it not, i can finally here my phone go off when it not on me or on my desk

7. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Hmm well I must've lucked out on my 5S because it's quiet and strong like my 4S was.
    My 5 was horrendous.

8. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

iPhone 3gs vibrator...CRAP
    iPhone 4 vibrator...Quiet but STRONG
    iPhone 5 vibrator was LOUD and STRONG

The iPhone 5S vibrator feels weak, but its noisy.