Eye fixating on dead pixel!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rkahl, Aug 20, 2011.

1. rkahl macrumors 65816

I knew I couldn't deal with it so I took it to the Apple Store. I took my box even tho I was outside my return period just in case they were willing to give me a brand new machine. Genius Bar gave me a new computer on the spot since it was considered a defect within 30 days. I get home and the screen was a lot easier to read. It looked sharper and felt a lot easier on the eyes. I looked up my display and it was the Samsung. I'm gonna have to say that the owners who have complained about their headaches using their LG displays, return it for a Samsung within 30 days. Calibration helps with colors, but not with overall text sharpness.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Funny. I bought two MBAs (a his and a hers). One Samsung screen, one LG. I can't tell the difference. They both look fantastic. :apple:

3. DieterRams macrumors regular

That's a nice sentiment but you can't just return it and ask for a specific brand of display. It's as likely that you would get another LG. And even then, perhaps the defective one was just that: defective. Not because it was LG.

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

I have both. No difference.

Mass hysteria. (no really, it's no joke. This a text book 'mass hysteria'.)

5. rkahl thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess people see their displays in their own way... age included.

6. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I had the 2010 samsung display and 4 days ago I traded for a 2011 LG display. I can not tell the difference. They are both great displays for what they are, and all those color calibration icc out there are just making it deeper in color. But good look looking at a photo afterwards with a little shadow on the face. It's black. On a positive note with the new calibration, all your fb friends are more tan and less wrinkles. :cool:

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ouch! :eek: