eye tv/pinnacle

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nishabc, Oct 6, 2008.

1. nishabc macrumors newbie

hi,

so I have pinnacle for mac and eyetv and digital cable...I have connected the cable from the wall into pinnacle and pinnacle into the USB and EyeTV is not detecting most of my cable channels. I don't really care if they come up digital, but I just want them to come up...any thought?

thanks!

2. jtbell macrumors newbie

With digital cable (in the USA at least), most channels are encrypted so you need a set-top box or DVR from your cable company in order to receive them. On most cable companies, the only digital channels that are not encrypted (often called "clear QAM" channels) are the local broadcast stations (NBC, CBS, etc.), plus a few odds and ends like shopping channels. It varies from one cable company to another.

3. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

i got the pinnacle for mac hd mini stick. It's ONLY ATSC and Clear QAM...Meaning it will ONLY get video from the antenna or digital channels-which are usually not much at all, just local broadcast + shopping channels here. It WON'T pick up any analogue channels.

I promptly returned the Pinnacle and am going to buy the elgato hybrid. You need a HYBRID, that will also pick up NTSC analog cable channels