Eyes Free working for anyone?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I know Apple announced the siri Eyes Free capability would be coming within the 12 months, but a forum member posted in the "all the little things" thread stating that Siri works through his BMW bluetooth.

Has anyone tried to see if this works for them? That would be amazing if there were already a bunch of cars capable of this (although it would be shocking that Apple wouldn't have mentioned that).

2. RDowson macrumors regular

RDowson

What I want to know is how does it know the difference between speaking to the navigation in the car and the navigation in iOS? Do you have to say who you want to talk to i.e. Car or Siri?

3. BFizzzle, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

siri on my 5.1.1 works in my mazda3 2012 bluetooth..
    any car with a microphone and bluetooth will work with siri. you just have to activate siri with your phone

the eyes free is them working with manufacturers to have a dedicated button i think

4. iBreatheApple, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

She has worked through my 2012 Elantras Bluetooth since day one, unless of course you mean by use of the steering wheel button which she does not. You have to hold the home button down.

I'd kill for Siri to work through the dock connector. :eek:

5. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    So you're saying after you activate Siri on the phone you will speak through the car mic and hear siri through the car speakers as opposed to using the iPhone mic and speakers? That's ok I guess, but it would be far better if you didn't have to get your phone out. Well I suppose if it does use the car mic you only need to stick your hand in your pocket to activate. That would be good.

Although one thing I have noticed (at least with my bluetooth system). Whenever I use my tomtom GPS connected to my car speakers through bluetooth there is always a "fade in" where I miss the first word or two of what is said. That would be kind of annoying

----------

I only have an iPhone 4, but later today I'll try testing if voice recognition goes through the in car mic when I activate it...

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Another note, she comes through the speakers but it's ultra LQ sounding. iOS 5 and 6 beta 1.

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah mines like that in 5.1 idk why. my music sounds great through Bluetooth.

i wish they would add support to send the ide tags so i could see them on my dashboard.

8. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Is there any way to enable the screen so the screen DOES show info? Maybe there is an option to show this?

Sometimes in traffic i'd like to confirm things visually