Eyes Hurt on ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dylanursula, Mar 18, 2011.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Hey all.

First time iPad user but long time iPhone user here, Inc the current iphone4.
    Been using the ipad2 for a day but find my eyes hurt on it, less than 5 to 10 mins of use and almost looks blurry. Dont have the same issue wight e iphone4 and the screen is smaller. Is this a common issue?
    What is Apple return policy for something like this, I would like to know before I go into a store and they say no returns for opened boxes.

Thanks in advance

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Not a lot of posts here with eyes hurting.

You can return your device for a full refund in the first 14 days or ownership. Even if box opened and item is used.

3. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Wouldnt make any sense unless your eyes hurt when viewing any digital screen ever thats not an iphone 4. Its certainly not a common complaint... its just a normal (high quality) digital screen.

Turn down the brightness?

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

Sounds to me like less of an issue with the iPad or your eyes (i.e you've looked at other screens for set durations), and more of an issue of where you're using your iPad.

http://www.ipnlighting.com/blog/2007/02/22-ways-to-reduce-eye-strain-at-your.asp

If you are running stock iOS - you can adjust the brightness settings manually in the settings.app - or if you are jailbroken (which I assume you aren't - i.e iPad 2) - you could use SBSettings to adjust the brightness on the 'fly' without returning to settings.app.

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

You can also adjust the brightness by double clicking the home button for multi-task and then scrolling to the left where there are a few controls including volume/brightness.

6. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all. I am going to keep it for a few days and see how it goes. Turning down the brightness def helps. :)