EyeTV 2.5.3 almost works fine

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tkermit, Jul 20, 2011.

1. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

This somewhat older version of EyeTV seems to run perfectly fine on Lion. The only issue appears to be, that it doesn't keep its channel list between executions. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Seems like such a trivial problem?

2. tkermit thread starter macrumors 68030

tkermit

For anyone who is confronted with the same problem:
    All you have to do is make sure you still have a pre-Lion system with EyeTV (2.5.3) on it, where you can let it complete the auto-tune process once and configure your channels. Afterwards, you just transfer the com.elgato.eyetv.plist in the /Library/Preferences/ folder from the old system to your Lion installation. This should make eyeTV keep that channel configuration permanently even under Lion. And apart from that, EyeTV 2.5.3 seems to really run surprisingly well.

:)

3. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Ok, I'm new to the EyeTV software (planning to buy it tonight to use on my new MacMini and my Hauppauge HD- PVR unit) Is there some reason you're using such an old version (2.5.3 vs 3.5.3) of the software? Or you just never upgraded and didn't want to spend the $$$ on the newer version?

Just wondering if I'm going to run into issues with 3.5.3 on Lion...

--Mike

4. tkermit thread starter macrumors 68030

tkermit

I've been more than satisfied with this old version of the software. Hasn't given me a single problem so far. Since I'm interested in relatively basic functionality and don't really care for any of the new features, I have been kind of reluctant to spend money on a newer version. As long as mine still works...

I would assume that a current version of EyeTV would (sooner or later) run fine on Lion. At the moment, there appear to be some minor issues still.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

What do you mean pay for it?? If you have eyetv hardware you can download it free.