EyeTV 250 Plus & ZephIR not playing nice???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by m021478, Nov 29, 2007.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

I recently purchased the ZephIR for use with my EyeTV 250 Plus so that the EyeTV remote (both hardware & software remotes) could change the channels of my Scientific Atlanta ‘Explorer 3250HD’ Digital Cable Box, but I am having a hard time getting the ZephIR to ‘play nice’ with the EyeTV hardware/software remotes??

The ZephIR does change the channels and perform the various other function of controlling the cable box properly, but only if I click on the on-screen controls via the ZephIR software...I cannot get it to, as said in the EyeTV and ZephIR documentation, actively ‘Listen’ for IR commands issued from the either the EyeTV hardware or software remotes?

Any ideas as to what the problem might be, and/or how I can go about resolving the issue so that my EyeTV will be able to control the cable box?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

2. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I am planning on purchasing similar equipment so I don't have to manually change channels with my Cable Box remote to change channels on my EyeTV, and the ZephIR was recommended to me by the EyeTV Support Team.

Have you resolved this issue? Basically I want to be able to click a program in the Program Guide to schedule for recording, and then have the EyeTV change the channel to record it without me manually hitting Record. I also would like to be able to change the channel on the EyeTV software without using any other remote pointing at the TV. Does this do it?

3. 3blackchairs macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem. any help would be appreciated

4. 3blackchairs macrumors newbie