EyeTV 3 and Scientific Atlanta HD tuner setup

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nentbf56, Mar 19, 2008.

1. nentbf56 macrumors newbie

I am currently trying to setup EyeTv 3 on my mac but when I look through the list of manufacturers my Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250 HDC is nowhere to be found. What do I need to do to setup EyeTV or is it not possible with this tuner and Time Warner Cable Service?

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Wish I could help but I bypass my Warner digital cable box and use a direct connection for the just the basic service with Eye TV.

You might try getting another box from Warner. I have both the Scientific Atlanta and the Pace boxes. The Pace box utilizes an HDMI connection.

3. nentbf56 thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you use to bypass the box and how is everything hooked up. I'm new to this whole idea and I don't know all too much about EyeTV 3.

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can use a coaxial splitter at the wall outlet then attach one cable to your TV and the other one to your Eye TV. Or you can use any vacant cable outlet and just attach it directly to the Eye TV. If you bypass the digital box you'll get basic service only.

If you have any type of video/audio out on the back of your digital box you can attach the appropriate cables then take it to your Eye TV (you may need to use the adapter you got with your Eye TV).

Hope that helps.