Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Millwood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
NY/NY
Does anyone have any experience with these two products? Are there any cons or pros for each? At first glance, they appear almost the same, but the Miglia seems to come with an antennae, while the EyeTv 500 does not (is an antennae absolutely neccessary?).
If anyone can give me pointers it would be greatly appreciated. I mostly want it to record High Def to my computer, because I like to make clips of my favorite shows and what-not.

eme jota ce

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago
Does anyone have any experience with these two products? Are there any cons or pros for each? At first glance, they appear almost the same, but the Miglia seems to come with an antennae, while the EyeTv 500 does not (is an antennae absolutely neccessary?).
If anyone can give me pointers it would be greatly appreciated. I mostly want it to record High Def to my computer, because I like to make clips of my favorite shows and what-not.

I don't have experience with both, but can share my positive experience with the Migilia TVmini HD. I use it in Chicago to catch OTA HDTV broadcasts on a Mac Mini that is connected to home theater system. Works great. HD video quality is astounding. 5.1 audio is equally wonderful. The unit / software works with the Apple remote, but I have the Harmony 880, which also controls it.

The Eyetv program is not as intuitive or powerful as Tivo, but that's the same software you'll get with either of the two hardware units under consideration.

The Eyetv hybrid looks like a good unit, too.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
If I get an antenna for the EyeTV 250, I can tune in free-to-air stations but, not HD broadcasts right? I just wanna make sure so that I don't go out and get an antenna and find out that it's not what I wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.