Eyetv and streaming video to Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ebony, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ebony macrumors regular

I've just updated to the latest version of eyetv and I'm continually amazed at what can be done.

With the latest eyetv you can set up video streaming, so anything you record from tv can automatically be converted to ipod touch friendly format and then streamed to your touch via an intranet page. The intranet page gives you a neat menu system that lists all your recordings.

On the basis of this I set up an Apache intranet server to look at my previously encoded films directory and I can now stream these directly to the Touch.

Has anyone else tried either method ?

Is their anyway to set up an intranet page that looks a little bit more pleasing on the eye than a directory listing, that could then automatically update as I populate the films directory ?

2. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

i also have eyetv 2.5 and think that it is amazing. its amazing what technology can do these days. I just have it set on default or whatever and it works fine.

3. Gondry macrumors member

lost eye tv streaming

my jailbroken touch with 1.1.2 has lost the streaming from eyetv since updating to 1.1.2. Any ideas on how to get it back? I'm running it from a MBP with Leopard.

I miss it, its great.

cheers

4. Gondry macrumors member

I still can't get the streaming to my ipod touch to work. I've reset everything and found the eyeconnect package and added that to the firewall set access to allow incoming setting.

anyone have any other ideas?