eyeTV Comcast upgrade Seattle

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by durija, Oct 1, 2009.

1. durija macrumors 6502

Anybody with and eyeTV hybrid figure out how to make it work since Comcast did their upgrade on September 28th? I'm wondering if I'm just missing something in the setup, so that it will just plain work just like it did before, but without their box in between the wall and my eyeTV. I got their box for the upgrade, but the setup for their box seems to require an actual television to in order to work. I'd like to get the other 50 or so channels back.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

How did you make those dots? Sorry, Off topic, I know. :eek:
    EDIT: Nevermind •
    Alt 0149

3. durija thread starter macrumors 6502

alt 8 doesn't work for me.
    Windows: alt 0149
    Mac: option 8

Now, anyone have a solution to my problem?

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you've put the Comcast DTA box between the cable & the EyeTV Hybrid. The box is similar to the DTV converter boxes that only output one channel at a time. Don't use the box with the EyeTV Hybrid, just connect the Comcast cable & rescan. Comcast moves things around frequently & rescanning periodically (too often IMO). Check out the AVS Seattle Comcast thread.

5. durija thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks PeggyD. I have already tried reconnecting to my original config without the box in between and rescanning once, but I'll try it again. Maybe I used the wrong settings. I don't pretend to know what I'm doing with this stuff at all. And thanks for the link. That gave me a better idea of how this is going with Comcast.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

On the Mac keyboard, alt and option are the same key:
    Picture 1.jpg

7. durija thread starter macrumors 6502

*laughs* I've just never heard a Mac user ever refer to it as the alt key. You got me. By the way, it still didn't help my channel problem.

8. swamyg1 macrumors regular

Any headway?

It's been a few months, but I've found myself with the same problem.

Has anybody sorted this out?

9. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I've got the channels to come through, so I can change channels with the included Comcast remote. However, as they all come through as "channel 3," I can't get any guides to work. I don't care about DVRing or anything, I just want to be able to see what's on. But no. Are there any workarounds?

EDIT: Ok, I got it to display the program guide information by going into the EyeTV Programs window, clicking on "Channels" in the sidebar, selecting Set-top Box under the Service dropdown menu at the bottom, choosing "Built-in Tuner," and then my service. The program guide information is there, both in the EyeTV Programs window as well as the on-screen guide. Lovely. However, all you can do is view it - in order to change the channel you've got to reach for the Comcast remote and manually change it, as the EyeTV box can't communicate directly with the Comcast box to tell it to change the channel. Kind of a pain. But apparently, if you buy an IR blaster, the blaster's included software can "listen" for EyeTV's channel change notifications, and send an IR message to the Comcast DTA set-top box to change the channel. I just bought this http://www.thezephir.com/ZephIR/Home.html blaster so when I receive it I'll post back with my results.