eyetv comskip, any success?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by EvilC5, Jul 22, 2011.

1. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

I have been trying to get comskip to work in eyetv so i can export my recordings commercial free to itunes. I keep getting a video pid error, and I guess im just not familiar with the different video pids and how that all works.

has anyone had success setting this up?

thanks!

Brian

2. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

I got it to work - by which I mean that it ran automatically and did things to my recordings. Unfortunately, what it did to my recordings was not helpful. It didn't do a good job of marking commercials at all. It missed some completely and it marked some actual bits of program as commercials. I think the networks have started playing games with the way they insert commercials that makes them hard to mark automatically.

I deleted comskip and now edit my recordings manually. After the first few times going through this, it has become much easier and I can edit a 1 hr show in less that 5 minutes now.

Hope it works better for you!

3. EvilC5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

im afraid thats probably the route I will take. I usually just open the eyetv package and copy out the iphone version to another folder and load them into itunes and fast forward thru the commercials. I just got the turbo h.264 usb and its allot faster and the quality is better, so I guess I will jsut export them commercials and all.