EyeTV Exporting Recordings

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kolax, Aug 5, 2008.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Takes ages to do it - VisualHub could do the job in half the time! But my main complain is the quality of the export.

I've played around with the settings, Apple TV preset and the mp4 settings, and they all come out with slightly blocky picture quality. Nothing like the original.

I know I'm compressing, but for example, TV shows downloaded by other means, the quality is great and it is at the same bit rate as my exports.

2. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

I've tried every export setting and using a high bitrate, and the quality is always terrible.

Is it just the program is a heap of crap for anything other than watching TV? I really want to record my TV shows, then be able to export them to my Apple TV and get quality that is actually worth watching. Not blocky, pixelated and laggy exportations.

What is the secret?

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

one option may be to record at a higher quality

4. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Do you even own the EyeTV software? Or did you just want to post in this topic?

5. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

I have EyeTV 2.5 and use it to record my TV Shows. Quality of recordings is pretty good (preset - iPod Best, h.264) but I'm not watching it on big TV. The source is a cable TV signal.

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Ah, I'm using EyeTV 3.

I've discovered that there are a lot of problems with exporting using EyeTV 3. I did a google search, and found posts dating back to when EyeTV 3 just came out - I'm pretty raging that even after a third update (v3.03) they still haven't fixed this.

I still have my EyeTV 2 disc lying around somewhere...I think I'm going to give that a bash and demand a refund for EyeTV 3.

7. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Yes, it's true. I have considered the upgrade, but after reading many reviews and opinions from dissatisfied users, I decided to stay with version 2. BTW. Maybe this is insignificant information, but my tuner is Pinnacle.

8. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Mines Terratec - it isn't the quality of the recordings or the actual quality of the watching TV, all that is perfect.

It is the exporting of it that really causes me problems with quality loss. I'm not even able to export it without compressing (was going to use VisualHub) of some kind and it just goes blocky.

Anyhow, I've installed EyeTV 2 and I'm just exporting the same TV show, so we'll see how this goes.