EyeTV HD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BennyBlades, Sep 9, 2010.

1. BennyBlades macrumors newbie

I'm looking to purchase EyeTV HD but have questions. Here is what I'm looking to do. I want to take a recorded football game (HD) from from my DTV DVR to EYE TV HD then edit some plays out on my iMac to make an highlight reel so to speak. I assume I can do the editing with the EyeTV HD software or do I use iMovie???

Please guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for al the help.

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

How do you plan to feed the recorded output from your DVR to the EyeTV? I don't think it'll work so easily if it's anything like the SA 8300HD DVRs that Time Warner uses, you can't output a recorded HD signal in HD format only in composite video. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though.

3. BennyBlades thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to connect the EyeTV and my DTV DVR using the component cables. I now understand I will not get HD. I'm OK with that. I thought if the game was broadcasted in HD, I would get HD from the EyeTV since it Eye TV "HD". Please help me out/understand.

4. Mr. Savage macrumors regular

Mr. Savage

If your cable box outputs hd the eyetv will record in hd (as long as your computer is up to spec and as long as you are using component cables––the so-called analog loophole that allows you to avoid the encryption that is inherent in digital broadcasts)

I should add, though, that since I don't have a PVR box, I only know for certain it works with live broadcasts.

The eyetv software has a very easy to use editing feature for removing commercials etc.

You may want to visit "eyetv lounge" at elgato's website and post your question there since that forum is used by eyetv users as well as employees offering more definitive answers.