EyeTV help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Khryz, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to export a 720p HD video file that I captured from my PS3 via the H.264, no re-encoding option. Since this is no encoding, the export is very very fast.

However, when I try to view the finished file via QT or VLC, the video is very choppy and the audio is screeching and all choppy as well.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? A friend of mine with the same setup is having no issues exporting his video clips with this method.

We're clueless!

2. jwt macrumors 6502

What's your setup? Are you capable of playing back HD video?

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I can play it back great in EyeTV .. streaming HD .. it's just when I export it this certain way where it doesn't re-encode the file at all I get trouble. So weird.

I have a 2.16GHz C2D Macbook, 1.5 years old 3GB RAM. I'm using the Hauppauge HD-PVR. Again if I export the file any other way it's fine.

Any clues?

4. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update to my Problem!

My friend has an HD-PVR and EyeTV like me. He can export his video captures perfectly using the Native (no re-encoding) option to H.264 perfectly.

So we did a test: I sent him a snip of my original captured EyeTV files and told him to export them (the same ones I cannot without the video turning corrupt) and he was successfully able to export them this way.

THEN .. he sent me one of his EyeTV raw files and I attempted to export his using the native H.264 process AND I WAS ABLE TO DO IT!

We are both stunned as to what the problem may be. Can ANYONE help? How is it that I can successfully export his videos but not my own. Is there a bug in how I capture the video?

5. CTYankee macrumors 6502

Have you posted at the ElGato site? They have forums there? Probably best to open a ticket with them for support.

6. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have .. did both - so far nobody at Elgato has responded to my ticket and one of the employees responded to my thread but was not helpful at all.

I don't even he knows what the problem is. There's someone else there with the same issue.

7. harry454 macrumors 6502

try completing removing the application, and reinstalling, or check your settings, and match them to your friends