EyeTv Hybrid sound Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iPhil, Nov 15, 2007.

1. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I checked for threads for my problem, found this thread but that hasn't solved my problem.. i went thru eyetv help section to find an answer to my problem but no luck, So i'm asking here..

Problem is i get no sound on recorded shows.. the way i get Live tv on my mac is s-video from digital box and rca audio cable to my nice external 3 piece speakers ... Live tv sound is good but recorded tv shows has no sound.. :confused: :eek:

system is mini 1.66 Core Duo/1.25GB/200GB Hdd(ext boot) .. i'm running 2.5.1 eyetv software

2. bunger macrumors 6502

So your cable box is connected to the eyeTV hardware via svideo and the audio (red and white RCA cables) go from the cable box to your external speakers? Are there any other connections to your eyeTV hardware? if not, then you won't ever get sound to your recorded shows as that svideo cable will only deliver video, not audio....

3. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

Which way should i've done the cabling ? :confused:

for both live tv and recorded tv with sound...

4. bunger macrumors 6502

coax direct from the cable box to the eyeTV hardware...

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If you want to use the RCA cables just connect the red,yellow and white cables from the cable box to the little connection on the side of the EyeTV Hybrid using the supplied connector cable.