EyeTV Hybrid static problem

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by QCassidy352, May 13, 2009.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I've got the comcast cable going in to the eyeTV hybrid (2009), which goes in to the mac mini, which outputs (mini displayport --> HDMI) to a Sony Bravia. Here's the problem: sometimes when I change channels, the sound on the new one is high-pitched static. Usually changing a few more times brings back the normal sound, but it's really annoying and obviously shouldn't be happening.

Has anyone experienced this? Fixes? Thanks!

2. stylewriter macrumors member

Same

I just bought a 2009 Hybrid and am having the same issue... I'm trying to figure it out right now.

I'm using a Mini connected via VGA to a Olevia TV

3. thunderchuck macrumors newbie

Same here

I just bought it from amazon (11/2009) and I am having the same issue you described. I have Time Warner cable. When flipping through channels I seem to randomly get the sound described. I've also noticed so far that it only seems to happen on the analog channels and then only if you are flipping through the channels. If I go directly to a channel, it has always works (so far, anyway).

Anyone find a solution yet?

4. kelsnichole macrumors newbie

Anyone?

Did anyone solve this issue? I'm having the same problem with a new Eyetv on a new imac. Or at least a link to another board discussing this?