EyeTv Hybrid with QAM

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Gentile, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

How many people have recently purchased the EyeTv Hybrid with QAM channels?

Does it work well for you?

Mine worked for 1 day and then would not show any channels. While it worked I had to Force Quit EyeTv 3 to shut it down. I hope I just got a bad device. I also saw some "green" type noise.

I also have the EyeTv Hybrid without QAM and love that. It has worked very well for me.

2. candan9019 macrumors regular

Works great for me, I do get the green noise sometimes but usually only for a second (after changing channels). It sounds like your device is probably bad.

The only QAM channels I get are those music channels. Sometimes I get some unencrypted channels popping up every now and then like CNN HD, but my cable company takes them away after a few days. Most people in Canada know what a pain Rogers is. All I want is unencrypted local channels in HD.

That and the whole deal with no schedule support for Canada, although elgato keeps saying it's coming soon.

3. bbydon macrumors 6502a

Mine been good. It gets really hot but i havent had any of the problems you had.
    Its a nice device....i think the over the air HD looks better than the QAM HD. Still trying to look at it though trying the two methods.
    My only complaint is the time it takes to convert the movies to other formats.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I have the new EyeTV 3. Works great. I get 8 Qam TV channels and thankfully they are the local ones which is all I really want since all my local programming is HD. I don't get any green or noisy screens between channels. Actually I have no issues at all. I certainly runs much cooler in HD than my last years version.
    One note, I did fully remove all traces of the old EyeTV 2 software because I had crashing issues just installing the new one over the old one, after that no issues.

Personally I can't tell the difference between Qam HD and over the air HD.

5. Gentile thread starter macrumors regular

Gentile

When it was working, I got all of my local hd channels. I do think that the OTA HD was better quality.

EyeTv 3 is very nice. I like the new feature of choosing channels by seeing a list of channels and the show information at once.

I did have some trouble downloading program information from TitanTv but was able to fix that by doing a complete reinstall.