EyeTV in Leopard: Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jopling, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone's EyeTV Hybrid stopped working, mine doesnt seem to work anymore since upgrading.

2. king_leonidas macrumors member

king_leonidas

I have EyeTV 200 and works without problems after upgrade to Leopard.Have you the latest version (2.5) of eyeTV software?

3. mike12806 macrumors 6502

My EyeTv hybrid works....howerver I can't use the apple remote when the EyeTv program is open, for EyeTv or Front Row. El Gato says a software update should be coming shortly....

4. Gondry macrumors member

Lost streaming with 2.5

Eye tv works ok... but I've lost the wifi streaming thing to my ipod touch. Video thumbnails are missing but text is there on a plain page, I guess I need to move something but no idea what.

My eye tv recording folder is a top level one on my hard drive and the app is in the apps folder. I've checked the port 2170 is open, and it is... help, I really like this feature.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Right click on the EyeTV app and select "show package contents".

Open the "resources" folder.
    Look for EyeConnect.app
    Double click it.That will start the streaming server for EyeTV.

6. Gondry macrumors member

wow that was quick, cheers. Tried that, nothing seemed to happen, what should eyeconnect do? I still have no video thumbnails, just plain text same in all browsers.

update... Reboot of everything and removed all traces of application enhancer... it now works! Hurrah.

thanks peace

Attached Files:

7. mike12806 macrumors 6502

Yeah I had the same issue....I just terminated the EyeConnect process and restarted and was fine! Wish i had known that before i re-exported all my recordings ha!

8. jasont macrumors newbie

Clicker A Great If Not Better Temporary Soloution

Like many of you above my apple remote has now stopped functioning within eyetv since upgrading to 10.5, but for those of you that cant go without just keep in mind if you have a bluetooth phone you can still use sailing clicker to give you full remote functionality, works a treat and is a great if not a better temporary replacement for your apple remote for the time being, untill eyetv give us a FREEE!!!!! update

9. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Another bug: don't try and change Spaces with EyeTV running Fullscreen. It turns all the screens black, and freaks out. It's possible to get out of it with a key combination, but I forgot what the combo was.

10. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

EyeTV 2.5.1 is out

Found by "EyeTV menue - Look for Updates". The readme file (quote colored):

EyeTV 2.5.1 is a Universal application. It requires a Macintosh computer with PowerPC G4 (500MHz or faster), PowerPC G5 or Intel Core processor, and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later. We recommend Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard with all software and security updates installed.

What's new in EyeTV 2.5.1?

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Support

EyeTV 2.5.1 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and supports the following key new features of Mac OS X 10.5: Quick Look, iChat, Spaces.

Quick Look

Using Quick Look in Leopard, you can preview the contents of your EyeTV recordings and schedules in the Finder. Cover Flow is fully supported. If the EyeTV recording has been prepared for Wi-Fi Access, the recording can also be played back in the Finder, at a reduced resolution.

Tip: To enable Wi-Fi Access, open EyeTV's preferences, select the Wi-Fi Access pane, and click Start. EyeTV will automatically prepare all new recordings for Wi-Fi Access, as well as optionally convert all your existing recordings. Recordings that have already been converted for Wi-Fi Access are marked with a checkbox in a new column in EyeTV's Programs window.

iChat Theater

To share an EyeTV recording with a friend using iChat on Leopard, the recording must have been prepared for Wi-Fi. Simply drag it to a video chat-in-progress window in iChat. You can control playback, and you get to provide your own running commentary!

Spaces

You can set up EyeTV’s player window to play back in every Space. To enable floating windows in every Space, select “Keep Player Windows On Top” from EyeTV's View menu. Player windows that float feature an uncluttered, minimal title bar. This applies to live television windows as well as recordings.

Hardware Support

TerraTec Cinergy S USB

Support has been added for TerraTec Cinergy S USB, a DVB-S satellite tuner using USB 2.0.

TerraTec Cinergy Piranha

Support has been added for the TerraTec Cinergy Piranha, a new DVB-T and DAB Radio USB stick available in Europe.

Pinnacle 72e

Support has been added for the Pinnacle 72e, a new DVB-T-only USB stick available in Europe and Australia.

Logitec LDT-1S302U

Support has been added for the Logitec LDT-1S302U, a new ISDB-T USB stick available in Japan.

Bug Fixes

A problem where EyeTV would stall during an update of the electronic programming guide if the network connection was unavailable has been fixed.

EyeTV 250 Plus can now open multiple live television windows on the same DVB or ATSC multiplex.

For Freebox, streams with more than 10 radio stations are now supported.

For computers with multiple active network interfaces, EyeTV's Wi-Fi Access feature now respects the preferred network list in the Network system preference pane.

EyeTV Wi-Fi Access now works properly with aliases to the EyeTV Archive folder.

EyeTV Wi-Fi Access now correctly displays EyeTV recording names in non-Latin character sets.