EyeTV Licensing Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by K3mp, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K3mp macrumors 6502

My Uncle recently bought EyeTV 3 and we where wondering if I could use his serial # or if I had to go and buy another copy of it. I did a search and I was able to find a thread about EyeTV 2 but I wanted to be sure because I do not want to blacklist his serial or something like that.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The serial number is for a single copy of the software. Whether it works or not is irrelevant: you and your uncle would be breaking the law and opening yourselves up to criminal charges and potentially being sued in a civil case for damages.

Buy your own.

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

Indeed. Unless explicitly noted in the EULA/SLA/on the box, you can pretty much assume that any paid software that requires a serial number is intended for one single copy regardless of weather or not it will work on a second version.

What you are asking is piracy. Just buy your own copy. Elgato makes great products and they should be supported. I wish their eyetv product could be purchased in a version that did not require the tuner and just offered guide info. I hate having to browse to a certain website to do that.

Again, do not pirate software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.