Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katanna

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2004
OK, I am quite mad at EyeTV right now...

I have a Miglia USB device (I think it is the Micro, though I am not sure) hooked up to EyeTV 2.5.2. I have recently been having problems where it would randomly get "No Signal" which means my shows would not record (I rarely ever watch "live" TV, so I wouldn't find out that my shows weren't recorded until later). However, when this happened, I could just quit EyeTV and reopen it, and it would be fine (and off to Bittorrent I would go to get the shows that I missed).

So I tried fixing it by putting in a drop-amp at the wall (I added it to the coaxial cable), boosting the power of the signal. I didn't have a problem for several days... but then it came back.

Now the symptom has stuck. I get "No Signal" no matter how many times I restart the program or restart my computer or wiggle cables or take out the drop-amp... What is going on? Out of all of the nights that it could fail, why did it have to do it on the opening of the Olympics?

I have a TV tucked away in the closet, but I really don't feel like dragging it out... I guess I should to see if I am getting any type of signal...

BTW, the internet which comes through the same cable and via the same company is still working...

Any ideas?

Oh, and is it coincidental that Elgato's website is down?

Matthew

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Do you have another input (such as a DVD player or rooftop aerial) that you can connect for testing?

katanna

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Do you have another input (such as a DVD player or rooftop aerial) that you can connect for testing?

I will have to dig something out (might as well drag it out with my TV...).

Matthew

katanna

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2004

(BTW, thanks for the good idea)

OK, my (rarely used) VCR playing Independence Day didn't give me a signal in EyeTV (even though I auto-tuned the channels and checked all of the lower channels).

My (rarely used) TV is showing cable just fine.

So I know that the problem is between the cable and the screen. Either it is the software or the hardware (which is, I checked, a Miglia TVMicro).

Matthew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.