Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisb7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2016
I've got a UK subscription to GraceNote recently taken out with Elgato. The vast majority of programs and not simply showing 'To be announced'.

Tried contacting both Elgato and geniatech (new owners of EyeTV) last Wednesday but not had a reply from either.

Anyone else have the same issue? Are there are UK alternatives to the GraceNote program guide.

Thanks
Chris

davidthornton

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2014
I've got a UK subscription to GraceNote recently taken out with Elgato. The vast majority of programs and not simply showing 'To be announced'.

Tried contacting both Elgato and geniatech (new owners of EyeTV) last Wednesday but not had a reply from either.

Anyone else have the same issue? Are there are UK alternatives to the GraceNote program guide.

Thanks
Chris

I am having exactly the same problem.

Red G5

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2004
Can't help but I have the same issue. I've tried clearing the EPG database but no joy.

I'm also having problems with the DVB guide - I've set BBC1 to use DVB guide and the Program Guide is showing nothing before 21:00 and nothing after 23:45 despite repeated updates.

jows

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2016

Thanks
Chris

Same issue here. Data is there and complete for non-UK channels (Germany), but only shows "To be announced" for all UK channels. Worked just fine until a few days ago.

chrisb7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2016
I got a reply from Elgato - it said GraceNote aware of problem but it's now nothing to do with them so either contact GraceNote or geniatech.

I disagreed as I paid Elgato it's up to them to resolve or refund for a service they can't provide.

I did get DVB working eventually though. Set Guide/Service to None in perferences, re-scan all channels, change the EPG to DVB on the channel browser for each channel and finally run the 'Update DVB Program guide' from the cog dropdown in the header on the Program Guide browser. Guessing it's not going to auto update though and I'll need to run manually every few days.

Red G5

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2004
Mine has suddenly started working again. Just noticed this morning so not sure when, I think I last looked yesterday morning.

All my schedules and Smart Guides have kicked in again too.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I had this problem as well, last year. Using Gracenote, it would only show programmes as far as the second Friday. It would update on Saturday and show programmes for 14 days. On Sunday, it would update, and despite the progress bar showing "Downloading programmes", it would only show 13 days; ie, up to the second Friday. Next day I'd only have 12 days, the next day 11 days etc, etc. On Saturday it would then update and show 14 days, and so on.

I contacted Geniatech, but they obviously had no idea and eventually stopped replying to my emails. The problem started around March 2016, and continued until December. Everything was then fine, but only for a couple of months and then it came back and I still have the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.