EyeTV recordings burned in Toast don't work, help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dapetrun, Nov 11, 2007.

1. dapetrun macrumors regular

dapetrun

When I record some network TV shows via EyeTV Hybrid and try to archive these to DVD using Toast (V-7.1) they come out unwatchable due to dropped frames and skipped audio. They play back fine in EyeTV's software. These are ATSC digital recordings that I removed all commercials from. Can anyone offer me an explanation for this? :confused: Would using something like Handbrake remedy this? Thanks to all that may reply.

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I have the same problem with DVDs burned in Toast, they just won't play except in computers.

3. Queso macrumors G4

I always export EyeTV stuff to MPEG elementary streams, multiplex it in another app (ffmpegx), then burn the resulting folders to the disk in Toast. Although it's nowhere near as easy as the one-click method, the quality is much better and the disks play on both my DVD players fine.

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Heyyy that seems pretty nifty, as I can get DVDs burned from Video_TS folders to play. I'll give this a try when iDVD starts being difficult again. About how long does it take to convert a movie to DVD?

5. dapetrun thread starter macrumors regular

dapetrun

Thanks anyway! After spending the entire afternoon trying to install and get "ffmpegx" to work, I've come to the conclusion that the program is NOT user friendly enough for someone with my limited knowledge to use. This program reminded me of a college physics class and I'm looking for 5th grade math.:(

6. king_leonidas macrumors member

king_leonidas

I export EyeTV stuff to MPEG elementary streams too and i multiplex them with Moviegate is much easier to use than ffmpegX and can burn the disk image after.